This is one project that will work in living room, bed room, bathroom or really anywhere. It is a great way to add a colorful and custom piece of art really affordable.
Materials required to Try This DIY
- Dried Twig (I picked one from my backyard)
- Wooden butter flies( I am using 7 -4 of one kind and 3 of another kind)
- Illusion cord
- Super Glue
- Paint brush
- Acrylic Paints (I am using 2 colors- Burnt Sienna and Vivid Violet)
- Colorful pompom’s
- Think thread Cord
Instructions to Try This DIY:
- 1. First, decide on the layout. Place the twig and butterflies in a pattern you desire to determine the lengths and widths at which the butterflies need to be placed.I will be placing them at 6 cms apart
2. I will be placing the 1st and the 7th ones at about 15 cms from the twig. 2nd and 6th ones at about 25 cms, 3rd and 5th ones at 35cms and the middle one ie) the 4th one at 45 cms.
3. Take the illusion cord and cut out about 25 cms cord for the 1st and the 7th ones (15cms that will be hanging and 10 cms to tie the cords around the twig and to stick on the back on the wooden butterfly). Similarly cut 35/ 45 /55 cms of cord for 2nd and 6th /3rd and 5th / 4th respectively.
4. Paint the butterflies with your choice of colors. I am only using 2 colors- Burnt Sienna and Vivid Violet; painted the set of 4 using burnt sienna and the set of 3 using vivid violet.
5. After the paint dries completely, take a butterfly , flip it around and apply some glue along the center6. Place the end of the cord along the glue7. To secure the cord in place, press some tape on topa. Repeat steps 5 through 7, till all the butterflies have cords attached. Let them dry
8. Pass the free end of the cord through a needle9. Dab some glue on the cord, where you want the pompom10. Pass the pompom through the needle till it reaches the spot with glue ;a. You can add as many pompoms as you wish to the cord repeating steps 10 through 11
11. I have added same number and color pompoms on 1st and 7th /2nd and 6th / 3rd and 5th and a little more on the 4th cord since it is the longest
12. After the pompoms are securely in place and dried; Apply paint on the other side of the butterflies using the exact same color applied on the front. Let them dry
13. Take the shortest cord and tie the cord around twig so that the distance between the twig and the top of the butterfly is 15 cms.14. Wrap the extra cord around the twig
15. Dab some glue and wrap tape around it for extra hold.
16. Repeat steps 13-15; and securely tie the 2nd cord at 25 cms; 3rd at 35 cms, 4th at 45 cms, 5th at 35 cms, 6th at25 cms and the 7th at 15 cms
17. Take the thick cord and tie it tightly at the center of the twig and secure it by applying some glue and tape.18. Apply some glue on the ends of the twig and stick a few pompoms19. Voila you “Hanging Butterflies” wall hanging is ready