Today is my dad's birthday and it is father day too. So, I wanted to do something special for him and since its summer time decided to make a "Mango Moose Cake". Follow along for this amazing recipe.
Materials required to Try This DIY:
- Mangoes- 1 large
- Mango Pulp ( It is easily available at any Indian store)- 30 Oz
- Heavy Cream - 1 Quart
- Gelatin- 2 pounches
- Pound Cake ( I was too lazy to bake a cake, so just bought one) - 1 loaf
- Electric Whisk
- Removable bottom cake pan (I used a 9" pan from target)
- Strawberries (2 berries)
- Blueberies (15 berries)
- Apple (1/4th)
- Mint leaves (5-7 leaves)
Instructions required to Try This DIY:
- Slice the Pound Cake. Each slice should be at least 1 inch wide. Arrange the slices evenly on cake pan
- Peel mango and cut fruit away from pit. Cut fruit into small chunks and arrange them over the cake layer and set aside
- Put water in a small microwave safe cup and sprinkle two pouches of gelatin and microwave it for about 30 seconds.
- Empty mango pulp into a bowl and add the gelatin mixture and whisk until blended. Separate the mixture into 1/4th and 3/4th portions
- In a chilled large bowl, beat the heavy cream until the mixture forms soft peaks, using a handheld electric whisk.
- Add 3/4th of mango gelatin mixture into the whipped cream and fold in gently until completely blended
- Scrape mango mousse over mango layer and smooth it into an even layer and refrigerate for about half an hour
- Take the pan out of refrigerator and pour the remaining 1/4th of the mango gelatin mixture over the moose layer
- Decorate it as you wish. ( I sliced mango and Apple into thin pieces and arranged them one after the other. Added a few blueberries at the bottom and the top of the slices. Also, added a couple of strawberry slices at the bottom and finished off with mint leaves)
- Refrigerate it for3/4 hours before you devour it :). Be sure to keep up with my behind the scenes on Instagram and inspiration collections on Pinterest.